Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why I Don't Worry About My Future

4N1FUND retirement savings
I spend many hours working on my art.  I used to spend even more hours worrying about my art, my life, my future, my success, my health, my failure...

And then one day (after a breakdown of sorts) I realized that things have been working out for me fairly well thus far, there's no reason to believe they won't continue working out.  I realized that a little faith goes a long way and I surrendered my desires to the Universe, deciding not to worry or stress and to just keep working hard and go with the flow -- wu wei.

As a freelance artist it's hard not to worry though.  There are just so many things to be afraid of.  As I enter my thirties and as much as I just want to go with the flow and as much as I believe I'll make a lot of money in the future, I realize the need to plan ahead.

I just opened up an account with 4N1FUND which I'm actually excited about.  First time I can say I'm excited about saving money, but I am.  Even if I had the 401(k) option from an employer (which I don't) I think I'd prefer 4N1FUND.  It's fun!  It's like social networking meets finance. 

If I can just find a way to put away $100 a month, 4N1FUND will provide an annual tax-free income stream of $46, 210 (based on my age).  That's not bad.  If I can somehow afford a little more each month then those projections increase drastically! 

I'm taking the time to share this on my blog for a few reasons.  Mainly because I want feedback.  I'd like to hear from any financial experts out there or just ideas from regular people about the best way to secure my freelance artist future.  I'm trying to make my blog more informative.   I love collecting images and sharing my thoughts about life so why not include something serious and real that I'm dealing with.  Apparently blog readers prefer blogs with information and not just ramblings about yourself. (Go figure!) So I think I may chronicle my saving journey in this blog, maybe do a once a week post about it, we'll see.

Anyhow, this is my attempt to bring something timely and relevant to my blog given today's political and economic climate.  I know a lot of people worry about money and their financial future, so hopefully this can help.

Check out the 4N1FUND website.  See what your projections are.  Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment